Welcome to Blockspring, a website and online service of Grafly, Inc. (“Blockspring,” “we,” or “us”). This page explains how we collect, store, use, and disclose information we receive from or about you through your use of our online and/or mobile services, website, and software provided on or in connection with them (collectively, the “Service”).
Information We Collect
We collect various pieces of information (including personal information) from our Users in order to provide you with a personalized, useful, and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us. We may collect and store personal information you enter in our Service or provide to us in some other manner, including your name, email address, mobile phone number, user name, password, the organization you work for, and other credentials such as your Amazon S3 account information or other authentication keys. We may also retain messages you send through the Service, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service.
- User Content. We collect your personal information contained in any User Content you create, share, store, or submit to or through the Service, which may include photo or other image files, written comments, information, data, text, scripts, graphics, code, and other interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible to you and other Users by Blockspring via the Service in accordance with your personal settings.
- Information we receive from other sites. When you interact with our site through various other sites, such as when you login through GitHub, we may receive information from such sites, including information posted or otherwise made available on your profile, user name, user ID, and any other information you permit the site to share with third-parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the other site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Information about others. With your permission, Blockspring may allow you to invite your friends and other contacts to connect with our Service via email or otherwise. We may also collect information about others if you use our Service to upload, share, or distribute User Content that contains information about others, including their name, image or online contact information.
- Metadata. Blockspring may collect metadata associated with User Content. Metadata typically consists of how, when, where, and by whom a piece of User Content was posted and collected and how that content has been formatted. Users can add or may have added metadata added to their User Content including keywords posted with code or comments, including names or other data. This makes your data more searchable and more interactive. However, the metadata may be accessible to others if you share the User Content with others or on third-party social media sites.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and permit you to share your creations on the Service with your contacts or social media sites. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store, either directly or through third-party analytics tools, a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log files, Device IDs, location data, and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information to our Users; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Parties
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include content or service fulfillment or providing analytics services;
- Third-parties at your request (e.g., to other members of your organization in accordance with your and their privacy settings); The public at your request;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third-party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual person or entity.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, Blockspring may retain information (including User Content) for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to delete your account. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with other Users or with third-parties.
Security and Storage of Information
Blockspring cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Persons Under Age of 13
Blockspring does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Revision" date below and will post the updated Policy on this page.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected] or by writing to us at:
767 Bryant St #406
San Francisco, CA 94107
Last Revision Date
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, November/20014.